Friday, June 21, 2013

Drabble- red shirt

Just a little flash fiction from a group I'm in. Here's what came to me, in 100 words, from this picture:



Perfection. Exhausted, she’d collapsed into the welcoming arms of the verdant grass. I observed her silently, knowing that I would go undetected even when she awoke. The vixen didn’t know it, and her human mien would make her forget about it, but my vigil kept her safe. It was all she’d ever wanted, to be able to walk among them as a gorgeous beauty that inspired the bards to tears. My consciousness always transferred, and I had taught her how to become the very thing she sought. But in so doing, her memory disappeared. As a fox, I guarded her.

I could see this going somewhere...

4 comments:

  1. Great little story! Its always fun to see what an author can come up with from a picture! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great. I never thought about trying to come up with something from a picture. You are really talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love picture prompts. I'm a very visual person, so a lot of my story or character ideas are spawned from images.

      Delete